Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Eligibility of High School Players in Adult Leagues

This last Monday was basically the beginning of mandatory practices for most high school girls' teams. Not all parents are aware of IHSAA rules, but starting from now and until their season is over, girls are not allowed to play in leagues such as the Fair Play Leagues.

A couple of years ago there was a big controversy in a Snider/Northrop regional meeting. A Snider freshman subbed on a team in a Parks & Rec league, and a Northrop assistant (who is the wife of the manager of the Plex... see a future post on "Plex Ethics") sat on that information right until the regional match was getting ready to start.

I will do my best to make sure nothing as dramatic as that ever happens. My advice if a problem comes up is to report it to the IHSAA immediately. It's not like it's a matter of national security and I would hope to believe if it was something minor that students would be allowed to play on...

1 comment:

Andrew Kaduk said...

The IHSAA has some totally absurd rules. I've been laughing at that organization since I was in high school.